Firey Autumn Leaves nail art

I must thank Vita for inspiring me to do a fall/autumn themed post. I don't have as many lovely autumn coloured polishes as her so I thought I would take the few cremes I have in the orange-red range and do something 'firey'. And so I ended up with this:


They are they outlines of maple leaves drawn over a fire base which looks like this pre maple leaves:


This fire look was relatively simple to do as I'll demonstrate. First I started with a red base and I chose MAC Scorcher which is a cream polish but it is quite transparent and reminds me of the OPI sorbet colours released in the Texas collection.


And if your eyes are burning from that colour it's because I forgot to switch back to standard in picture control :-P I painted over it before I realised it was still set to Vivid, haha.


With a fan shaped nail art brush I took an orange creme (OPI flit a bit) and used the polish brush to paint colour onto the nail art brush. This made the bristles separate into 'flames' of colour, giving the effect shown below:


After cleaning the brush I did the same effect slightly lower to the base of the nail with OPI Fiercely Fiona to achieve the fire effect shown above. A second layer was required to make it more opaque.


Then using Illamasqua's throb, I carefully outlined maple leaves which got a little squished on the other nails but the thumb looks good. I tried.


So these are the polishes used for the look plus the two nail art brushes - a straight small brush and a fan shaped one. That is it! Oh and a top coat of course. Now the boyfriend and I are very much into photography, and while we are amateurs we still managed some pretty Autumn leaves shots which almost makes me like autumn despite its closeness to winter :-P Hopefully I can inspire others with these pretty autumn piccies...


A bit of Photoshop action above ;-)


One of my favourites - autumn leaves and blue skies.


Found a whole line of red trees. Just stunning aren't they. Pity the leaves fall off so quickly!


Autumn up close and personal.

Well that is all I have for now. Sadly we're up to that stage where the leaves are falling off and the days are shorter and the nights are getting colder. Winter is almost here... sigh. Well I hope everyone had a great long weekend, it wasn't long enough if you ask me :-D Until next time...

You have read this articleNail Art / Nail Polish with the title Firey Autumn Leaves nail art. You can bookmark this page URL http://grluwilbok86.blogspot.com/2011/04/firey-autumn-leaves-nail-art.html. Thanks!
Write by: Dj Donk - Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Comments "Firey Autumn Leaves nail art"

Post a Comment