Angry Birds Nail Art feat. the piggies!

Ok I meant to have this up for St Patrick's day but I was too sleepy to finish this look in one night. So I started Thursday and finished Friday... and voila:


Now if you don't know what angry birds is, it's an iPhone game that has become insanely popular and is now available on other platforms like Android. I love this game and I also bought the Seasons edition of the game where they release new levels for each 'season' such as Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's day and most recently St Patrick's Day. So this look was inspired by the latest release which is why it's very green :-D And you might notice a little leprechaun piggy on my index finger ;-)


Here's a closeup of the piggies in line. I started with the thumb then got too tired and went to sleep! The next day I finished them off. Yes going to work with one green pig thumb is not ideal...


I went a bit green crazy because I didn't feel I had the right 'greens' for this look but if you're curious the base colour is Rimmel Green Grass 260. A bit bubbly but it did the job. While I used a lot of other colours for the minor details, the only other 'main' colour I used was OPI's Gargantuan Green Grape for the pigs themselves.

Now because I like to embarrass myself I'll let you in on a little secret. I've been trying to do these pigs for two weeks now. And have failed miserably. This was one of my failed attempts:


Oh sigh. At this point I decided to change all the colours and start again! If at first you don't succeed...

Well my house is a disaster from travelling on a long weekend then going straight back to work. I shall spend my weekend cleaning, whilst burning scented candles and listening to 80s music :-D Why? Well because I picked up a Bath & Body Works candle called Caribbean Escape and have had Caribbean Queen stuck in my head ALL week. It's been driving me insane. It took me a while to figure out why I had this song stuck in my head too. It smells lovely and while I don't like coconut, the fruitiness of this candle overpowers the coconut. Just lovely.


Ok time for 80s tunes. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend! Until next time...

You have read this articleNail Art / Nail Polish / Rimmel with the title Angry Birds Nail Art feat. the piggies!. You can bookmark this page URL http://grluwilbok86.blogspot.com/2011/03/angry-birds-nail-art-feat-piggies.html. Thanks!
Write by: Dj Donk - Friday, March 18, 2011

Comments "Angry Birds Nail Art feat. the piggies!"

Post a Comment