OPI Texas Collection, some more swatches!

Yesterday I posted swatches for the OPI Texas lil shooters lacquers set and mentioned that I picked up two more polishes from the collection - Too Hot Pink To Hold Em and It's Totally Fort Worth It:


So I picked up it's totally fort worth it because it had this subtle purple shimmer that I couldn't resist. You can sort of see it if you view the full size of this flash swatch:


Bit disappointing. I feel like this one suffers the Chanel Paradoxal trick where it's prettier in the bottle. Daylight shot below (3 coats).


After I took these photos I put about 5-6 coats total on to try and bring out the purple more, but it didn't work :-P Ok I really want to show you this purple shimmer that made me buy this polish. Insert crappy lowlight iPhone shot :-D This is what I saw in the shops:


If only it was more purple on the nails. Sigh. It does show a subtle shimmer but I wanted more. Let's move on to Too Hot Pink To Hold Em, one of the sorbet finish polishes:


I like this one better than do you think I'm tex-y. It's brighter and more in your face. Now these swatches look red but I assure you it's in the pink spectrum :-/ Natural light shot below. About 4 coats I believe because I like mine less sheer.


These sorbet polishes have a super shiny finish and I quite like it! Flash shot below.


I'm kinda tempted to get one more sorbet polish from the collection but I shall try and restrain myself... I kinda really want the pink and purple sorbet ones. Well I hope this helps you choose what colours you want to buy from the Texas collection. I feel this is one of those collections where you definitely need to see swatches first! Until next swatch...

You have read this articleOPI with the title OPI Texas Collection, some more swatches!. You can bookmark this page URL http://grluwilbok86.blogspot.com/2011/02/opi-texas-collection-some-more-swatches.html. Thanks!
Write by: Dj Donk - Saturday, February 5, 2011

Comments "OPI Texas Collection, some more swatches!"

Post a Comment