MAC Mean & Green vs. Orly Space Cadet

I recently swatched the MAC nail polishes from the Venomous Villains collection. Then I spotted the Orly Cosmic FX collection and I noticed that Space Cadet was looking very similar to MAC's Mean & Green... so similar in fact that I can't tell the difference looking at the bottles:


I believe the Orly collection was available first but that said there are some interesting dupes in the Orly collection.


It really looks like an exact dupe in both the flash shot above and natural light shot below:


Even though my particular MAC mean & green has a crap brush (the bristles stick out in different directions) I would still recommend the Orly over the MAC polish due to its thinner but more consistent formula and longer brush (with a sturdier handle). Also I believe the Orly is slightly cheaper and you get 18mL/0.6Fl Oz as opposed to the 10mL/0.34 Fl Oz for the MAC. Honestly I don't know why I keep buying MAC nail polishes! That said Orly does chip easily... but so do most brands :-D

You have read this articleDupe / MAC / Nail Polish / Orly with the title MAC Mean & Green vs. Orly Space Cadet. You can bookmark this page URL http://grluwilbok86.blogspot.com/2010/11/mac-mean-green-vs-orly-space-cadet.html. Thanks!
Write by: Dj Donk - Saturday, November 6, 2010

Comments "MAC Mean & Green vs. Orly Space Cadet"

Post a Comment